8:12 “You multiply your time by giving yourself the emotional permission to spend time on things today that will give you more time tomorrow.”
The Focus Funnel
- Eliminate: Permission to ignore
- But the struggle with guilt!
- Never saying no
- You are always saying no to something
- Automate: Permission to invest
- Online bill pay example: two hours now, but eliminating a few minutes each month
- Return on time invested increases over time
- Delagate: Permission to let someone else do it
- If you delegate, soon they’ll be able to do the task better and you are no longer the only person to do it
- Concentrate: Permission to protect
- At that point: Should I do this now, or can it wait until later? Then concentrate. If not, procrastinate – on purpose!
- Procrastinate: Permission to do it later
- Put it back through the funnel